Fayston, Vermont. Pretty much every day is Valentine’s Day when you have a dog. Here are seven ways they celebrate their love for you all year long:
- They are always happy to see you. Even if you’ve only been gone two minutes, they are there, wagging. They greet you with a kiss. Many wet, sloppy kisses.
2. They want to be with you. Even if the bank didn’t give out treats, they want to go for a ride with you. Also, they want to make sure you are o.k. when you go to the bathroom.
3. They protect you by sounding the bark alarm. Squirrels and other rodents who wander too close receive a thorough scolding. Sometimes they even alert you when it’s windy outside.
4. They make sure you get some exercise. Every day. They remind you when it’s time to take a walk, and become really, really excited when you put on your BIG boots.
5. They make sure you take time for play. They interrupt computer time by bringing a ball. They grab a stick from the woodpile and make you chase them to take it away.
6. They bring you gifts. Sometimes it’s a stick (or several) for the wood stove, other times it’s something they’ve fetched from the trash. (They don’t have a problem with regifting.) Some dogs even bring you socks to make sure you go outside. (See number 4.)
7. They keep you close. They use you for a pillow. The larger the dog, the more lap they need. Even if you’re not all that big. If you leave the house, they hop the doggy gate to sleep on your bed. On your pillow, so you can share dreams. They leave traces of their love on all your clothing, especially your favorite black sweater – it’s their favorite, too!
I hope you celebrate your dog’s love by making sure you take a nice, long walk and spend time with them. Every day. That’s all they want. Well, some cookies would be nice, too.
P.s. Be sure to follow me on Instagram @skimor for daily photo posts!
I’d love to hear from you! If you want to leave me a love note;), or have any comments or questions, please use the form, below.
5 thoughts on “Love Notes”
Freed from the binder. Free at last.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Beautiful and so true!
Great story. Never thought of it that way. 🙂
Well done and most amusing. I liked #2 especially. I hope you are writing….articles, books etc.
Thank you! I am glad you liked the post. I am only writing the blog, for now. I appreciate the encouragement.